What to Expect
Starting in October, Connect for Health Colorado will offer Coloradans a new and exciting way to shop for health insurance. Here’s what you can expect when we open in October:
- You can choose and enroll in a health plan anytime between October 2013 through March 2014 (after that, open enrollment will be yearly from October 15 to December 7)
- Your coverage begins as early as Jan. 1, 2014
- You cannot be turned down for coverage because of a pre-existing condition
- You will not be asked to provide your health history, other than whether you use tobacco or if you are pregnant.
- You can quickly browse prices and health plan benefits and get an estimate of your possible savings, based on income, before filling out an application for coverage and financial assistance.
- You can compare health plans and prices from multiple major insurers in an easy-to-understand way, side-by-side
- You can select medical plans that include dental benefits, or choose medical and dental plans separately
- We can help you determine if you or your family members are eligible for Medicaid or Child Health Plan Plus
- We are the only place where you can access new federal financial assistance, based on income, to reduce your costs
- You can select a plan based on your preferred medical provider, deductible or premium amount
- We can help you at any point in the process – in person, over the phone or by online chat