Health Insurance Marketplace plans for 2016 officially went on sale November 1, 2015.
Oscar, a popular individual carrier in NY and NJ, published this great guide to all the important dates you need to know for Open Enrollment. Let us know if you have ANY questions at all at email@example.com
- November 1, 2015: Open Enrollment begins. This is the first day you can enroll in plans for the 2016 year.
- December 15, 2015: This is the last day you can enroll in plans if you want your new coverage to start on January 1.
- January 1, 2016: If you enrolled in a plan by December 15, your new coverage begins today.
- January 15, 2016: This is the last day you can enroll plans if you want your new coverage to start on February 1.
- January 31, 2016: Open Enrollment ends. If you enrolled in a plan between January 16 and January 31, your new coverage begins on March 1. If you don’t already have coverage and haven’t bought a plan by this date, you may have to pay a fee unless you qualify for an exemption or can prove you can’t afford coverage. Read more about that here.
- February 1, 2016: If you enrolled in a plan by January 15, your new coverage begins today.